All you need to know about the Wix Seo hero Contest
Do you want to discover the truth about the super heroes?
Hi my newbie hero, here you will get to learn about SEO
You wanna be an SEO hero, don’t you? Then, you’ve just found the right place, and through this website, there’s no better way to waste your time! Every mistake made by SEO HEROES is reported on here and we encourage you to read our superheroes’ advice and their amazing adventures as well.
People don't look for super heroes anymore
Superheroes are pretty sad! How come?! No one gives a shit about superheroes by now, it seems people believe more in losers, to those shooting down society, in short, to what doesn’t work. Superheroes don’t find clients anymore, neither in life, nor in movies. A screwed-up guy just doesn’t believe in superheroes.
Superheroes wanna be an SEO HERO.
Superheroes understood that defending the widow and the orphan or being a villain isn’t the future. Now Donald Trump and Daesh are in this freaky game. The new trend is now to become a digital underdog, and superheroes wanna be the greatest ones of web-marketing. Making themselves a brand new name! Within the digital world, they chose SEO and superheroes have one purpose: to be an SEO HERO!
Watch The Incredibly True Adventure of Captain Americutts
You can do it too : read the first SEO HERO losers' advice.
Bullshit content is just way too good!
Dude, if you were thinking about a high-quality content to give you a hand with SEO, you’re such a fool! In SEO, only the hero spirit matters.
With SEO you can get a damn reputation in no time, simply by spawning an unresponsive website, and rewarding your clients’ smartphones with crashes.
Do you know that backlinks are just for noobs?
A true SEO HERO will ensure to start a website free of backlinks. Clearly you know that with tens of thousands of dollars in Adwords you will catch your clients anyway.
Page optimization is useless.
To be a true hero in SEO: build pages by optimizing your keywords over and over. It seems trivial to mention it, but it will help you to better understand where the heck the problem is.
Thanks to this seo hero blog, you can be an
SEO HERO as your grandma always dreamed!
After scrupulously learning our helpful techniques for a broken SEO, you will know exactly how to avoid doing it. In other words, you will become unique, a bit like an SEO HERO.
Start as a trainee in an agency far away from NYC
Here is your first challenge as an SEO HERO – reference websites in an American heartland state without having movies or wifi network.
FROM THE MOMENT YOU DEINDEX THREE SITES YOU WILL HAVE FOUND YOUR WAY
SEO consultants often think to have found the martingale by using the latest deadliest automatic tool. In fact, with just a bunch of Google penalties you will carve out a reputation for yourself, as a kind of SEO HERO.
YOUR EXPERT CAREER IN SEO WON’T TRULY START TILL ONE OF YOUR CLIENTS GO BANKRUPT.
Prepare yourself to live in this moment where all your SEO expert buddies will envy you for having knocked down an E-commerce site. The pure result of harsh weeks of intense work and looping Fiver packages.
Do you want to discover the truth about the super heroes? Discover the incredible story of super heroes become seo hero
WHAT QUALITIES ARE REQUIRED TO BECOME A SPLENDID SEO HERO?
YOU SHOULD NOT BE RELIABLE
With SEO, don’t be reliable at all, it’s way easier to lose the client’s trust. Help yourself!
LIVE IN NYC
All of the best SEO consultants know that! Living in New York City is a basic, but beware, not too far from Trump Tower! That’s a source of inspiration for clashing (Central Park is way too nerdy now).
NEVER TEST YOUR RANKING OPTIMIZATION IDEAS
Then again, client is as king as the content. Let’s give him a first taste of your adventurous ideas , and hell, as a future SEO HERO, you must be full of them.
AIM HIGH RANKING OVER BING, GOOGLE IS A SECUNDARY AFFAIR
Seniors just love Bing: it is installed by default on Windows. The client of your agency will surely be moved to tears when you tell him he is displayed at 9th position on Bing standing for “Overpriced student loans”.
DO NOT CHOOSE WIX AS CMS
With all the CMS around: WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Prestashop, Magento, it’s up to you to find the ultimate formula to bring you the creepiest SEO errors and guarantees to score success during the evenings trends in NYC, while you’ll be showing off your fantastic noobish mistakes. But be warned; don’t be surprised to receive proposals from the Democratic Party.
MAKE SEO GREAT AGAIN
As any superhero looking for the greatest fail, start reading today the adventures of Deadpool, Captain America, Spiderman, IronMan, The Flash, Electro, Etc…
Search Engine Optimization Explained – The Importance of SEO and Some of the Most Efficient Techniques
While, in the past, off-line, paper-based directories such as phone books or the yellow pages were our main sources of information when looking for a product or service, nowadays more and more people turn to the worldwide web for the same type of information; these changes also generate an increasing need on the side of website owners to create sites that inform internet users about the availability of their products and services and have given birth to a number of techniques called search engine optimization or simply SEO, which enable website owners to reach out to their online audience.
What Is SEO And Why Is It So Important?
SEO is the collective term used for the strategies employed by website owners to improve the visibility of their site on search engines. When internet users look for a product or a service, they start by entering search terms or search queries into their browser. The browser will then return a number of results – the URLs of websites that contain the search term.
The results will be ranked by the search engine using complicated algorithms such as Google Penguin and Google Panda that determine relevance and evaluate websites based on numerous other criteria, displaying the website that is the most relevant for the query first and ordering the other results in terms of relevance in a decreasing order.
While it is theoretically possible to have your website displayed among the first results for the search terms most relevant for your activity even if you do not employ any SEO techniques, in reality not even the most informative and most original website will rank high on search results pages if it has not been created to match search engine ranking criteria.
Given that very few internet users look for what they want beyond the first result page, using adequate SEO techniques is essential for the success of your website: the more efficient your SEO and marketing strategy, the higher your site will rank on results pages and the more internet users will be attracted to your website. If your website is structured properly, if it is informative and attractive, visitors will stay on your site and check out your products and services, which will improve your chances to convert visitors into customers.
Types of SEO
There are two types of SEO strategies you have to employ to have a successful and high-ranking website:
- on-page SEO, which is the practice of creating contents for your web pages that will rank your website high on search engine results pages (SERPs)
- off-site SEO, which is a digital marketing strategy used for attracting targeted traffic to your website from external sources.
Strategies for On-Page SEO
To be able to get visitors to your page and then to convert those visitors into clients you first of all need good contents on your website. Fresh, engaging and unique contents are what will keep your visitors on your website and will convince them to become your customers, thus improving your conversion rate, so it is one of the most important factors of success, but good in the sense used by search engines does not refer to interesting style, humor, helpfulness or informative nature – for search engines, good web content is original and linkable.
No matter how thought-provoking or educative the contents of your website are, they will not generate traffic to your site if they have not been developed with an SEO link building strategy in mind – here are some of the most common techniques:
- Performing SEO keyword research – internet users enter keywords into their browsers to look for information, products or services, therefore structuring the contents of your website around the keywords most relevant for your niche will make your pages rank higher on results pages and internet users will also find you more easily. You can check the websites of your competitors to see the keywords that they use or you can use your browser’s keyword tool to find and evaluate keywords,
- Pay attention to keyword density – keywords need to appear in your contents several times, the recommended density being 1-5%,
- Use page title tags – among the most important structuring elements of any website, page titles are used to create a transparent and easy to use sitemap and they are also important to give visitors a clue about what specific pages are about, so the titles should always include a keyword for the contents of the page,
- Using meta descriptions – a meta description is a short text that describes what the page will be about and it includes the most important keywords for that content,
- Using meta tags – a meta tag is similar to keywords relevant for your pages, but they do not appear on the page in a way visible for visitors, only in the HTML code of the page,
- URL choice – make sure your URLs are easy to remember, don’t contain special characters and include relevant keywords,
- Using internal links – using links to refer to other pages of your pages makes navigation easier for your visitors and will also allow for getting all your pages indexed by the search engine your site has been optimized for, not only the landing page,
- Using images – images are great tools to segment text and maintain visitor interest and they are also excellent on-page SEO tools because in terms of tagging and keyword usage, they work exactly like other content.
Strategies for Off-Page SEO
Off-page strategies and techniques of content marketing are activities performed outside your website with the objective of raising interest towards your website. Search engines evaluate a website not only based on the quality of the contents on the site, but also based on what others think about the site, that is, in terms of the number of times it gets mentioned on other websites such as social media, the number of times it is shared.
Whenever your webpage is approached from another site, something called a backlink is created – the more backlinks point towards your site, the higher your site will be ranked on results pages, so one of the most important objectives of your off-page SEO strategy must be to create a mix of methods that allows you to maximize the number of backlinks you get. There are many efficient SEO link building techniques – here are some of the most common ones.
You can include articles in a dedicated page or section on your website to provide the visitors of your website with information, help, tips and suggestions about specific niche-related issues, but you can also use articles as a part of your off-page strategy designed for building links. Each of your articles needs to be unique – using a certain text on your website and then a duplicate of it on a third-party site is not a technique appreciated by search engines and is punished by taking away the good ranking of your website. Each of them needs to be structured around relevant keywords, to observe word-count related requirements and they need to include reference to your website or page URL to allow readers to visit your site if they find your article interesting. Article marketing involves the posting of your articles on professional websites, guest posting on related blogs, or publishing in article directories.
Forum Posts for SEO
The method is similar to article marketing in many ways – both involve the creation and the dissemination of unique texts with the objective of providing help or information regarding a topic of interest for your audience and both are meant to raise interest towards your website. However, forum posts are different from articles in many ways – the posts are much shorter, much more informative and more straight to the point. Forums usually monitor the comments posted by their members in terms of quality and they don’t accept any fluffy comments such thanking other members for their posts.
Social Media Marketing
Creating an account for your company on social media websites and developing a social media campaign is among the most efficient off-site SEO tools. There is immense potential in social media – you can use it to reach out to the audience you are targeting in a more direct way, you can use it to create a brand image for your products or services, you can use it to provide your customers information. Setting up an account and posting relevant contents that reaches your contacts instantly is very efficient and completely free, but if you are willing to invest a little into your SEO campaign to reach out to an even wider audience, you can by using paid social media ads.
Using a strategic approach towards internet marketing and the right combination of on-page and off-page SEO techniques brings palpable and measurable SEO results almost instantly. It may take a little time to feel the results of your campaign in your revenue and in ROI, but you can almost instantly measure them using search engine evaluation tools such as the great Analytics by Google. These tools will tell you exactly whether your campaign is moving in the right direction and this is also one of the main advantages of SEO campaigns: you have complete control over the entire process, you can change the direction of your campaign, you can implement new techniques or stop using techniques that prove to be inefficient whenever you want, without having to support very high costs.
Search Engine Optimization Campaigns and How They Can Influence the Success of Your Website
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the method or strategy used by website owners, webmasters and SEO experts in order to influence the visibility of websites on the internet with the purpose of attracting visitors to the websites. The process targets the website’s online visibility as well as its contents because the strategy involves appeal to visitors once they are on the site, either by trying to convince them to become regular visitors in the case of non-commercial websites or by converting in customers in the case of ecommerce sites or websites that offer services.
SEO strategies are usually an amalgam of various techniques, some of them applied to create the contents of the website, others to influence its ranking, that is, the placement of the website on search engine results pages (SERPs). In other words, search engine optimization strategies have two distinct scopes: on-page optimization that is the creation of website contents that observe the evaluation criteria used by search engines and off-page SEO that is the usage of various methods in order to provide maximum visibility of the contents for internet users.
Why Is It Important to Have a High-Ranking Website?
When internet users look for information, products or services on the internet, they very rarely know exactly where to look prior to the search. In most cases, it is not the website of a specific company that we usually check first (even though this would be the ideal state of affairs that website owners strive to achieve, to become a strong brand that is associated with a certain type of products in the mind of the internet user) – what we do first is to enter a search term or query into the internet browser and then we check the results returned.
What makes things even more complicated is that most internet users don’t look for what they want beyond the first page or the first few pages of hits, a phenomenon that makes websites compete fiercely for appearing on that first page.
Methods Used by Your Search Engine to Evaluate Websites When a Query is Entered
When an internet user enters a search term into his or her browser, the search engine goes out to find the websites that are relevant for the query. To find the websites relevant for the query, the search engine initiates crawling, that is, it sends out spiders, special software robots to analyze millions of websites in a fraction of a second to retrieve results. The spider starts by looking at the websites that are considered to be authoritative because they are visited in the highest number by internet users looking for the search term, then it extends the search for less popular sites.
The spider also analyzes relevance by having a look at the contents displayed on websites and then by indexing the relevant pages (adds them to the search) and that is how the order of the results returned by the search engine is established – most popular and most relevant websites first, less relevant or less popular ones following behind.
How Search Engine Optimization Influences the Search Engine Ranking of a Page
SEO strategies are used for telling spiders and search engines that a specific website is popular and relevant, worth displaying among the first results on hits pages. Though varied in approach and methods, search engine optimization techniques can be classified into two basic categories:
- On-page optimization techniques, which have the objective of creating website content that is relevant for the keyword searches most frequently used by a site’s targeted audience;
- Off-page optimization techniques, which are employed in order to influence the way your website is evaluated in terms of its popularity.
A good search engine optimization strategy encompasses carefully selected techniques from both categories – here are some ideas about the techniques.
On-Page Optimization – The Creation of Content That Is Intriguing for Human Users and Web Crawlers as Well
As a general guideline, the contents that appear on websites must follow similar rules as any high-quality and informative content. If it is a text, it must be well-structured, with ideas, information and messages formulated clearly, in a style that is appealing to the audience; if it is an image, an infographic, a video or audio material, it must be of high quality, created or selected with consideration to the website’s intention and the frame of mind of the audience.
While paying attention to these criteria will help you create informative, fresh and unique contents for your website, they are not what search engine spiders appreciate and not what search engine optimization campaigns focus on in the on-page phase. What they look for is the presence of certain elements such as
- Keywords to tell spiders that your site has contents relevant for the searched term – make sure to research your keywords with the help of online keyword research tools to avoid using keywords that are too generic or are only very rarely used by searchers in your niche
- Titles that contain title tags for the different pages that also contain keywords to tell spiders where the information searched for can be found
- Meta tags that are similar to title tags, but appear only the code of a page
- URLs that are informative of the content the web pages include and do so without using special characters, too many numbers or other, hard to remember elements
- Internal links that help not only the site’s visitors to find what they are looking for on the site, but also help web spiders index relevant pages.
Off-Page Optimization Search Engine Optimization Techniques
In terms of costs, off-page or off site search engine optimization techniques can be of two types:
- Search engine optimization proper, that is, techniques that are free to use and influence ranking in a relatively slow, but natural way, generating long-lasting results with organic traffic and naturally achieved conversion rate
- A technique called search engine advertising (SEA), which uses paid tools such as pay-per-click ads and is suitable for sending your website to the top of the results pages for as long as you use the paid ads, so it is more of a temporary solution, useful if you want to inform your audience of a promotion.
While SEA is relatively simple to use – all you need to do is to create the ad or banner to be displayed, choose the site or sites to display them on and pay for the space –, off-page search engine optimization using organic techniques is more complicated and requires website owners to select their tools and channels carefully – here are some of the most common methods:
- Social media posts – social media websites are extremely powerful search engine optimization and advertising tools. You can create accounts for your company on multiple social media sites, then make a short description of your business or service and start sharing and posting contents, finding contacts and responding to contact requests like you would with your personal profile. Make sure the description of your company contains a link towards your website to allow your contacts to find you and visit you and to increase backlink volume (another evaluation criteria used by search engines)
- Guest posts on forums – this method also involves the setting up of accounts on various professional forums and posting helpful comments and answers to the questioned posted by other members. Add your website URL to your profile on forums as well
- Blogging – create a blog for your company website and use it to post unique contents
- Email lists – build mailing lists that you can use for informing your audience about your promotions or new services
- Submitting your URL to RSS directories – the method is especially useful for sites containing information that needs to be updated frequently.
Getting Professional Help from SEO Companies
Developing the proper mix to maximize the efficiency of your search engine optimization efforts is certainly a complex and time consuming process. However, if you consider the project too daunting and time-intensive to take care of it yourself, you can turn to professionals to help you out. You can hire experts for just a specific phase such as keyword research, content creation or off-page search engine optimization, or you can hire them to handle the entire process for you.
There are numerous great SEO writers and digital marketing experts who will know exactly how to create the best web content for you and how to create the online marketing mix that works best for you. The process starts with initial consultation, followed by the development of an SEO plan for you that will include or exclude SEO tools and tactics based on your goals and preferences. If you already have a website, your search engine optimization consultant will evaluate it in terms of usability and will then start optimizing your contents using on-page and off-page techniques to maximize web traffic towards your site.
Besides using the industry’s best practices, SEO experts can also help you if you want to redesign your existing website or to create a brand-new site that meets all the requirements of your target group and has been created with efficient search engine optimization in mind.